200 Young South Africans 2021: Call for nominations are CLOSED.
It has been an exciting journey in partnership with academic fraternity, policymakers, corporates and civil society in celebrating our signature event of the year, the Mail & Guardian 200 Young South Africans.
This year, we experienced an overwhelming response to our call for nominations. We received more than 5 300 submissions for the country’s very best young cohort who create a positive, tangible impact on society. Nominations ran nationally and closed on 14 May.
In line with acknowledging the growth and autonomy of various sectors in South Africa’s economy, we have introduced three new categories. These are:
- Mining and Manufacturing
- Tourism and Hospitality
- Rural development
The candidates we sought are exceptional individuals who:
- Come from different backgrounds and places across the country;
- Are between 18 and 35 years old;
- Contribute to shaping South Africa;
- Assist to improve others’ lives and the environment;
- Blaze new paths and open doors in their industries;
- Are at the top of their field, yet continue to innovate and exemplify excellence.